Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Featured Artist: Betty Burchfield

"Midge" by sculptor Betty Ruth, copyright


"Judith" by sculptor Betty Burchfield, copyright

"Cathie" by sculptor Betty Burchfield, copyright

"Betty Ruth, self portrait" by sculptor Betty Ruth Burchfield, copyright


Betty Burchfield AKA "Little Reb". I am an artist and also sculpt porcelain dolls. My Biography and dolls are on my website at http://www.littlereb.com/ and my oil painting website is http://www.treasuredreflections.net/

God gives us all a gift and what we do with that gift is our gift to God. He has opened many doors for me in both my businesses and has blessed me so much.

"Create today the dream that you dreamed yesterday"

Betty Ruth, began the endeavor of Doll Making when her Granddaughter Jessie, wanted her to make a "real Cinderella dress" for her Barbie Doll. Betty could not find a "real" Cinderella pattern so decided to design this doll costume herself. Before she had finished the outfit, she had orders for more Cinderella dresses and for other costumes.

Betty had always had the desire to be a fashion designer, but never dreamed it would be for dolls. This talent and her background in art has resulted in her own line of patterns.

For years, Betty was a portrait artist and attended Lindenwood College in St. Charles, Mo. Now, she says she doesn't paint "Dolls"....she paints "people". She gives each a name and "personality". Thus, a hobby has become a career with Jessie, of course, as Betty's "partner"...continued

To read a wonderful story about how God helped Betty sculpt and create "Debbie" below please visit: "The Miracle of Debbie"

"Debbie", by sculptor Betty Burchfield, copyright

1 comment:

  1. Betty Burchfield is the most talented women I have ever met. She is an angel from heaven and everyone who has ever met her would agree! She is my hero and I hope I can be half the women she is someday!!

    ReplyDelete