Monday, June 1, 2009

Featured Artist: Christa Smith

"Tulips" by Christa Smith, copyright
"Rose Garden" by Christa Smith, copyright
"Coffee Time" by Christa Smith, copyright

Your Word is a Lamp to my Feet and a Light for my Path. Ps 119:105

JUNE FEATURED ARTIST CHRISTA SMITH

A little bit about me!

My name is Christa Smith. I was born in Pirmasens, Germany.

As a child, I always liked to draw, paint and decorate. My Mom sold my paintings at her little store. Later, I became a department store window and interior decorator, putting to use my talents in creating and designing.

After marrying an American and moving to the USA to raise a family, I was able to use my creative skills in other fields of employment, working mainly during school hours.

Since I've been blessed with grandchildren, I have had the wonderful pleasure of painting wall murals in their bedrooms. This experience has lead to other opportunities to paint murals in commercial spaces, such as, a doctor's office, church, and day spa. Besides painting murals I like to paint on canvas too.

Now in my retirement age, I find more time to develop my painting skills to a higher level. As I observe the shadows and light affects on what I see, it inspires me to transfer the impression to canvas or paper using vivid colors. I like to paint with acrylics and watercolor.

In the past I had tried some portraits in pencil and would like to explore that field in the future as well.

God gave me the talent to paint and I want to use it to bring Him glory and thanks for His grace and blessings on me and my family. I find peace and solitude in God's creation of nature all around me.

Christa Smith, 7003 Greystone Ln., Cross Roads, Al. 35763
Cell: (719) 339-0965 Home: (256) 539-1241 christas_creations@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment