Thursday, September 1, 2011

Featured Artist: Jennifer Taylor

"I See you with my heart", Oil and Digital, 20 x 24, copyright, Jennifer Taylor

"Buddy", Oil 16 x 20- Commissioned, copyright, Jennifer Taylor

"Carolyn and Dezzie" (pencil) 8x10 - Commissioned, copyright, Jennifer Taylor


Featured Artist: Jennifer Taylor


I started drawing cartoon characters of horses, dogs and cats when I was in grade school in order to entertain my friends. My love for animals and art has developed over the years to be my passion for painting. Aspiring to be be a contemporary master of portrait painting, I went to New York in 2010 to study with Daniel Greene to learn more about portrait painting. I was awe-inspired by his techniques and philosophies and apply what I learned to pet portraits as well as people portraits. I have a way to make animals look very distinguished as someone would a human portrait.

Graduating with a BSBA in Marketing, I have owned and managed several businesses over the years. After a long sabbatical from holding a pencil for serious drawing, I picked it up and began to draw again in 2001. After entering and winning some contests with my pencil drawings of horses, I decided to make it more than a hobby. I took two years of acrylic lessons from Barbara Miller in Huntsville, Alabama. I am self taught in pencil, charcoal, watercolor and mosaics. I also have taken casting classes and cold and hot metal working classes for jewelry. I continue educating myself through self-study, the influence of Daniel Greene, Igor Babailov, and many others I admire.

I have won several awards for pencil and acrylic paintings in Alabama, Tennessee, and Oklahoma. My artwork hangs worldwide. I consider myself a minimalist painter of single subjects. I like the power of simplicity and the impact of color, light and contrast.

I am a full time artist and love to spend some of my time inspiring others by teaching them to see the world differently, and create their own unique style of art.

I contribute all of my passion and success to our Maker, Jehovah-God. He is the ultimate master of creating art.

Favorite Bible Verses:
Matthew 6:22 “The Eye is the lamp of the Body” (The window to our soul)
Ecclesiastes 9:10 “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it will all your might!”
Mark 9:23 “Everything is possible for him who believes”

Website: http://jstaylorart.com/

or http://jennytaylorart.com/
Facebook: http://facebook.com/jstaylorarts



"Georgia Jagger with Vermeer Elements", Oil, 20 x 24, (see the map, the crucifix, letter, and pearls, all Vermeer elements), copyright, Jennifer Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment