Thursday, September 1, 2011

Featured Artist: Judy Hardwick

"She belived in His promises" by Judy Hardwick, copyright

"This world is but a canvas to our imagination" by Judy Hardwick, copyright

"Explore, Dream and Discover" by Judy Hardwick, copyright

Featured Artist: Judy Hardwick

I still hesitate to call myself an artist, but I do know that I love to create and it’s when I’m creating that I have some of my best times communing with my Lord. I’ve found that when I’m painting and creating ‘my girls’ I’m talking with God throughout the entire process – not about where to put what on the canvas, but instead about needs in my friends’ lives, and… in my own. About desires I have for Him to continue to lead my family, even as our boys are establishing their lives as independent adults. About the guidance that I continually need from Him as I go through life’s journey… – about His goodness.


And somehow, in my art, He’s speaking to me. Or, perhaps more accurately, I’m slowing down enough to hear His voice… As I put layer upon layer on ‘my girls’ He’s helping me remove the layers of all the world throws at me and focus solely on His goodness. ‘My girls’ are called Soul Sisters and I pray that the Lord can use them to touch someone’s heart – their soul – just when they need His touch most. And, He does. I created one way back in February that stated, “She Stood Tall in the Storm” and it was purchased in June by a lady who lost her entire house during the April tornadoes. Don’t you just love how our God works? That’s the kind of thing I want to be a part of – so I put my trust in Him – that He will use my little efforts at creativity to His Glory.

And whatever my creative efforts might be – mixed media, painting, knitting, scrapbooking [yes – I said it,] gardening, photography, etc. – I use it as an opportunity to slow down and be still [Psalm 46:10] and [truly] know The Creator of all creation. And I encourage you to take the time to be still as well, in whatever way best fits your life right now, take a moment to listen to His voice….

Judy Hardwick
http://www.faithbasedpages.com/
http://www.bepresentbereal.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented and God has blessed me with such a beautiful friend. Love your art! You are truly an artist!

    ReplyDelete