Thursday, September 1, 2011

Featured Artist: Don Maurizio

"Last Supper" by Don Maurizio, copyright



"Marlin" by Don Maurizio, copyright



"Carousel Hours" by Don Maurizio, copyright



"In Love Forever" by Don Maurizio, copyright

Featured Artist: Don Maurizio


You look at the beauty of a tree with its flowing branches and colorful leaves. They are a work of art that provides oxygen to sustain us and shade to cool us. But most don’t think of the beauty that is within. I learned in Jr High wood shop of this inner beauty.

Today I use hundreds of species as a palette to create marquetry. What started as a hobby turned into a way to not only show this beauty , not only keep this 2000 year old art alive, but most importantly to show my love for and to Glorify the God who gave me this gift.

The marquetry I produce covers a variety of subjects and is not only inlayed into cabinetry, tables for boat and yachts, natural pieces such as tree roots and cypress stumps but also wall hangings.

However no matter the completed piece, my hope and prayer is that my art will always praise Him and that you feel His presence when you see it.
Hardly a day goes by that I do not work on a piece of marquetry as every minute I spend on it I am spending time with God and each minute of our life should be with Him. One of my favorite sayings to remind me of this is “Make what you do today important because you are trading a day of your life for it.”

D.J.

Don Maurizio djsknot@farmerstel.com
http://www.knotonlywood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment