Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Featured Artist: Jeremy Sams

"Creation" by Jeremy Sams, copyright
"All Things Were Created By Him and For Him"

"Sower" by Jeremy Sams, copyright
"Behold A Sower Went Forth To Sow"

"Shepherd" by Jeremy Sams, copyright
"For the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."

"Ralph Sexton" by Jeremy Sams, copyright

Jeremy Sams

I am a Christian artist from Archdale, North Carolina. I was raised in Farmer, N.C., with the Uwharrie Mountains and a country setting as my surrounding landscape.

I was born in 1977. I recognized my God-given talent for painting at the age of 16. It is my goal as an artist to replicate the beauty of God's creation and capture the majesty of His handiwork through painting. He is the ultimate artist and it is my obligation and privilege to honor Him with my work.

I have been featured in many news publications including: The Winston-Salem Journal, The Courier Tribune, The High Point Enterprise, The Thomasville Times, The Denton Orator, The Randolph Guide, The Newton Observer, and The Archdale-Trinity News. I have also won awards for my artwork such as: the Randolph County Superintendant's Choice Award, and the Paul Green Multimedia Award, presented by the North Carolina Society of Historians, Inc.

My artwork can be seen in art galleries, churches, homes, businesses, and restaurants. My work ranges from portraits on canvas, landscapes, still-lifes, murals on walls, ceilings, floors, faux finishes, and even furniture. Acrylic and latex are my preferred medium.

My favorite bible verse is Is. 46:9-10, "Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: "

These are my favorite verses because it gives me an understanding that there is nothing that God is not in control of, so I can completely rest in Him.

My website is www.jeremysams.com and my blog is http://jeremysams.blogspot.com
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment