Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Featured Artist: Lisa Riccardi


"Swimming Lesson" by Lisa Riccardi, copyright

"Carol's Canyon" by Lisa Riccardi, copyright

"Berto's Waterfall" by Lisa Riccardi, copyright

Lisa Riccardi

My current body of work is fairly diverse ranging from a skateboarder in flight to a number of drawings which honor those in military service. My favorite subject is marine life as they seem to glide effortlessly through the cool water. I find these scenes very soothing.

I work primarily with oils and acrylics on canvas but also like pen & ink and pencil. Lately I have also worked on projects involving antique doors and a multi-dimensional mural.

I enjoy working alongside my colleagues at 16 Main Gallery in Madison and feel blessed to be a part of that community and environment. I believe I was given a gift to not only enjoy but to share.

Much of what I do is custom and includes portraits as well as paintings and drawings which capture special memories. Helping someone to provide a unique and special gift is an experience I love being a part of.

There are two scriptures that are special to me with regard to my artistic activities.

1 Peter 4:10 "Each one should use whatever gift he has recieved to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms."

Since I consider my ability to be a gift from God, my goal is to continually use it to serve where ever possible. I have been blessed with many opportunities to do this.

I also sign my paintings with EX31, a reference to Exodus 31:1-6:
Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: "See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, to design artistic works, to work in gold, in silver, in bronze, in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of workmanship. And I, indeed I, have appointed with him Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and I have put wisdom in the hearts of all who are gifted artisans, that they may make all that I have commanded you.

I believe that our abilities are given for a specific purpose..to glorify the Lord. This is my acknowledgment of that. It is my hope that this will provide opportunities to communicate the gospel message.

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Riccardi
http://litistudios.blogspot.com/
16 Main Gallery
16 Main St.
Madison, AL
35758 (256) 325-0161

No comments:

Post a Comment