1st Annual Ornament Contest
Artisans Cove's Reflections Frame and Art Gallery invites everyone to participate in the First Annual Ornament Contest. Prizes will be awarded and the ornaments will be on display for our Open House Sat., Dec. 5th. The ornaments will adorn our gallery tree. Contestants may also donate their ornaments to be included in a silent auction in which proceeds generated from the highest bidder will go to the charity organization, Kids to Love. Deadline for ornament submissions is Dec. 4, 2009.
The rules are as follows:
1. The contest is open to all.
2. Contestants must submit their entry no larger than 5" High; 5" Wide and 5" Deep. The ornament can be in any shape so long as it stays within the above measurements and can hang on a tree. Be creative!
3. All entries must have your name, address, age, phone number and e-mail address, on a separate sheet of paper. You may also include: title, media and inspiration.
4. All winners will have their names and ornaments appear in the December issue of "Reflectives Newsletter" and on the website, as well as, posted on the Huntsville Art Blog. You can send in more than one ornament. The more we have the prettier the tree will be! Please note if you would like for your ornament to benefit Kids to Love charity.
5. The contest shall be judged under the following categories and prize awards:
Ages 5-10 First place wins $15.00
Ages 10-15 First place wins $15.00
Adults First place wins $25.00 Reflectives Gift Certificate
6. All Youth entrants (ages 15 and under) who did not win will receive a certificate of appreciation.
7. Entries must be mailed, or hand-delivered to Artisans Cove by the deadline! Deadline for entries is December 4, 2009.
Reflectives Frame and Art Gallery
220 Old Highway 431
Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763
(256) 539-1665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging will be based on creativity, quality of workmanship, and use of materials.