Sunday, August 1, 2010

Featured Artist: Jane Blevins


"Southern Lady" by Jane Blevins, copyright

"France in the Spring" by Jane Blevins, copyright

"A Rainey Walk in the Park" by Jane Blevins, copyright

Jane Blevins

The desire to paint has been with me for as long as I can remember. It has only been during the past five years that I have been able to pursue that desire. Matthew 7:33 attests to feelings I have toward my painting -- Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his rightousness and all these things shall be added to you. I have been given the peacefulness to explore and purse the talent God has given me.
I have painted with several mediums, but my choice is oil and a palette knife. The palette knife gives me the freedom to paint very quickly. My lifetime of ideas seem to just pour onto the canvas. Even though I use much paint with the palette knife, my prices are very reasonable. It is my belief and desire that anyone who loves art should have to opportunity to own an original.
Basically I am a self-taught artist. I have attended two painting classes at Calhoun Community College and paint with a supervised study group weekly.
Ecclesiastes 3 ( A Time for Everything): will close my statement. I feel that God has given me the time to live and a time to laugh and enjoy my painting. This gift will never be taken for granted or treated lightly, but will hopefully be an instrument to encourage others.
Jane Blevins

No comments:

Post a Comment