Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Featured Artist: Gina Hurst


"Paint Palette 1" by Gina Hurst, copyright

"Paint Palette 2" by Gina Hurst, copyright

Gina Hurst

My attraction to paint palettes is that they are documentary evidence to the creative process.

The process of creating art has always fascinated me. As a child, I grew up in my Dad’s studio, (Ascribing Artist, John Stout) watching him paint. Observing and studying him, I saw how his thoughts were always evolving with ideas, concepts and plans. Even more satisfying than seeing the finished work, was witnessing the evolution of the creation.

My Dad’s discarded paint palettes inspired me to embellish them further and add my own decorative concepts and ideas, taking them out of context and transforming them into little novelties, of “abstract art.”

My favorite bible verse is Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

…but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment