Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Featured Artist: John Stout


“Fighter Airplane” by John Stout, copyright

“Gone Fishin’" by John Stout, copyright

“Sleeping in a Blue Bonnet Field” by John Stout, copyright

John Stout

By trade, I am a graphic artist and muralist, I very rarely found time to paint for pleasure until retiring recently. I now have the time to finally put brush to canvas and I am enjoying the outcome.

The paintings on display were painted for my daughter (Ascribing Artist, Gina Hurst).

Every year I send her a painting for her birthday. It is a pleasure to know that my daughter enjoys my artwork and looks forward to these annual gifts.

My artworks are impressions of life.

The painting of the “Fighter Airplane” was inspired by my son in-law’s love of airplanes and flying, which we have in common.

The painting, “Gone Fishin’, was inspired by the lazy days of a Texas Summer and the enjoyment of the out doors.

The painting, “Sleeping in a Blue Bonnet Field”, was inspired by my daughter’s love of blue bonnets that are found in our home state of Texas.

My favorite verse is John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment