Friday, January 7, 2011

Ascribing Artist Peter Grant featured in the Huntsville Times

Local artist bridges the gap between abstract and realism

Published: Saturday, January 01, 2011, 9:30 AM
Sarah Cure, The Huntsville Times By Sarah Cure, The Huntsville

HUNTSVILLE, AL. - When Peter Grant joined the U.S. Army, his relationship with painting vanished.

It wasn’t until 1996 when he retired in Huntsville that the one-time artist would rekindle his passion for the arts.

“I was talking to my daughter about painting again, and she suggested that I return to painting and paint the things I love,” Grant said.

The artist’s first love is abstract art, an art form widely misunderstood by the general public. Sadly, the 61-year-old artist is aware of people’s perceptions about abstract art and has changed his technique to conform to his audience.

“The thing I like to paint is abstract, but people don’t understand it,” he said. “I put a touch of realism in my abstract art so that people can actually recognize it.

“And as an abstract artist, the first question you always are asked is, ‘What is it?’, and ‘I don’t understand it,"’ he said. “As a painter who is just trying to get confidence, it’s an awful situation to be in.”

To continue reading this copyright article please visit:
http://blog.al.com/entertainment-times/2011/01/local_artist_bridges_the_gap_b.html

No comments:

Post a Comment