Saturday, January 1, 2011

Featured Artist: Deborah Taylor





Deborah Taylor

I have only been painting for about four years although I have always liked drawing and art. My artistic expression in the past has always been through music and songwriting which I still love to do but since marrying an Alabama boy and moving to this locale I have been focusing on the visual arts.

Art for me is a ministry. It is a way I can attempt to give back for all the Lord has given me and the many blessings I have received not the least of which is His mercy and grace. I am thankful for the talents he has placed inside me and want to use them for His glory and to bless the lives of others and so quite often God will put someone on my heart to paint for. It will be a piece that speaks to their personality, their journey with the Lord or something they are walking through in life and then I will gift it to them. I can't begin to tell you the delight this brings me. You would think I was the one opening a gift. The paintings I sell afford me this ministry opportunity so I appreciate each order I get and every piece I sell.

The painting above, Making Time For The Blues, was one of my first paintings and done for our worship leader who is an inspiration to me. I have always loved the blues genre and am pleased to say it hangs in his office. If you visit my website you will also see a piece I more recently did for he and his wife to honor their son Noah who is battling a rare form of brain cancer. You can pray and learn more about them at www.PrayForNoah.com

Black Velvet is Audrey Hepburn inspired and is a sold piece. Ms. Hepburn was quite a classy lady and a wonderful humanitarian.

Daisies and Butterflies was commissioned by a good friend as a gift for her daughter.
My favorite quote is "Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heal that has just crushed it." - Mark Twain

My favorite Scripture is "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord and he delights in each step he takes and though he fall he shall not be cast down for the Lord upholds him with his hand. I have been young and now am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their seed begging for bread." Psalm 37:23-25

Deborah Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment