Friday, February 19, 2010

Faith Driven Drawing Classes by Rita Campbell

I recently found the article below written this past Oct. by WAAY TV Focus on Faith reporter, Stephanie Beecken. I thought I would share it here.

A woman in Athens teaches art classes and helps people change their perspective on life.

Rita Campbell teaches people how to draw while relating her classes to scripture.

Rita's been an artist for years. 3 months ago, she began teaching a drawing class in Athens.

"I believe we're all artists and so there's a creative nature in us. I'm just one who has found it by the grace of God and wants to share it," said Rita Campbell.

While teaching, she relates the act of drawing to the word of God.

"I'm just giving honor where honor's due and I say that's the Lord Jesus Christ and that He is the link between the creator and the creation. He is creativity," said Campbell.

Rita said learning how to be creative can work in and improve every aspect of life.

TO READ MORE OF THIS COPYRIGHT ARTICLE PLEASE VISIT: http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11356443&nav=menu635_1_4

TO VISIT RITA'S WEBSITE PLEASE VISIT: http://drawingfromtherock.com

I have asked Rita if she would like to be a featured artist on the Ascribing Artists blog. Awaiting her reply. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment