Friday, February 26, 2010

You are invited to a gallery show of recent paintings by Judy Bobula


Circular Series III

Columns

Party Package

You are invited to a gallery show of recent paintings by Judy Bobula


Place: 31 Church Street Studio, Mountain Brook, AL

Dates: March 12 – 31, 2010

Hours: Tuesday – Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, or by appointment

Contact: 205-531-2106 or 205-492-3350

Reception Friday March 26, 2010, 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm


ARTIST STATEMENT

JUDY BOBULA

My early paintings were realistic watercolor landscapes and florals. Over time my work evolved into more abstract, non-objective representations. I now work intuitively, without conscious thought on a destination or path. Only after a vision emerges does my process become more directed. While intuitive, my work reflects what I have done and where I have been, and inspiration comes from what I have seen in the natural world.

I create texture and dimension as I layer, sand, lift off materials, and add found items. My media remains water based on canvas and paper, and color is the unifying force. While shapes provide structure, lines and textures move freely throughout. Working in mixed media painting is a continually changing process and a challenge that allows me enormous freedom of expression.

When creating my works, I am taken to a meditative, relaxed, spiritual state. When these creative journeys succeed, my viewer’s spirit will also be taken to a special time, place or event in their own life.

www.judybobula.com

No comments:

Post a Comment