Thursday, July 29, 2010

Betty Burchfield's Treasured Reflections- The Story of Rose



Some artists like to put a story into their paintings. This painting is titled "ROSE".

ROSE was a young single lady back in the 20's. She wasvery meek and shy. All the men wanted to catch her eye as she was so beautiful.

As Rose was a beautician, she went once a week to cut the little girls' hair at the Orphan Home. The barber for the boys happened to be there that day. One look at Rose and he was smitten by her beauty and charm. She was so shy that he didn't know how to approach her. He went to the rose garden outside the orphanage and picked a rose. She smiled at him when he gave it to her and thus, began a very romantic relationship. Soon, they got married and each anniversary he gave her roses.

(This is my Mother and Daddy's story of how they met)
God has blessed me so much in my life. He gave me an artistic talent to express myself in painting. My Mother and Dad were married 40 yrs. when he went to be with Jesus.
Actually, their names were "Willie and Buford" I just didn't think "Willie" sounded like a good title for this picture. They provided us with a very loving and stable home.
Thank you, Jesus.

TITLE: ROSE
MEDIUM: OIL
SIZE: 16 x 20
PRICE: $295 unframed

This picture is very dear to my heart. I sketched it in 1972 and found it in my sketch book and decided to make an oil painting of it.

Betty
Please sign my guestbook at:
http://www.littlereb.com (dolls)
http://www.treasuredreflections.net (paintings)
Capture memories, moments and life into an oil painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment