Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Plans for You: 1) Planning Our Steps

Greetings Artists!

As I reflect over the past two months about all the cutting and pruning the Lord has done in my life to free me up for my plans, I realize my plans are totally secondary to His plans. As sure as the timing was right to fulfill my plans, God showed me His, which has involved opening our home to a 16-year old nephew of ours who was in need. This change in plans has brought on 6 weeks worth of adjustments and wondering how we can provide for him. The words from the last devotion now echo in my mind about this Christian walk. One, God rarely reveals the entire picture to us in a way where we see the path from beginning to end and everything in between. Two, God rarely shows us in a way where we see the provision from beginning to end and everywhere in between.

I’m reminded of the Apostle Paul when he was in Ephesus and Acts 19:21 records, “Now after these events Paul resolved in the Spirit to pass through Macedonia and Achaia and go to Jerusalem, saying “After I have been there, I must also see Rome.” Sounds simple enough, but little did Paul know he would endure riots, arrests, a shipwreck and go to Rome as a prisoner in chains more than 5 years later.

So, if this email finds you today frustrated in plans gone astray, I pray you will turn to the Creator for His perspective. In reading how God worked in Paul’s life it comforts me in knowing even when things are not going as planned . . . maybe they are.

Paul LaBathe

No comments:

Post a Comment