Thursday, April 1, 2010

Valley Planet Magazine: Cover Artist Michele Lee

Jill Wood, editor and publisher of the Valley Planet Magazine gave the Ascribing Artists the opportunity to submit their artwork, giving them a chance to be selected for the Easter cover. Ascribing Artist, Michele Lee was chosen. Thank you Jill and Congratulations Michele! The featured cover was distributed today, Michele's birthday. What a wonderful gift from the Lord. GH

On the Cover

Hi, my name is Michele Lee. I am originally from Kentucky. For the past 20 years I have lived all over the United States and spent 3 years living and traveling in Europe. With that being said, I have made Madison, Alabama my home for over a decade now. I love it here! I am married to the man of my dreams and have three wonderful children.

Boy, that sounds like a great life.....maybe I should stop right there. Naaa! That would only let you all know 1⁄2 of me. The reality is that I am a flawed yet grateful woman who is glad to be a part of this big world.

Six years ago, after God gave me a second chance at life; my husband gave me my first sketch pad. He told me that he wanted me to find the Michele in me that I had dreamed of as a little girl. I started drawing right then and there and I haven’t stopped yet! I am a little crazy and passionate when it comes to painting. Just ask my friends, my family or Isabelle, the mannequin in our den. (Yes, we are one big kooky family)

I believe that my art is an interpretation of my experience, strength and hope. For me it is a way to meditate. With every brush stroke I seem to become more and more lost in the art. Until I have gone so far into a painting that time has actually disappeared. I usually don’t know how a painting will turn out in the end. But, I do know that it will be a part of me. Sharing this part of myself is my way of giving something back in this life. The signature on each of my paintings is “G” and “M”. This stands for God and Michele. I like to sign them in this way because he is my dad and ultimately the reason I do the work that I do.

If you would like to see more of my work or commission a piece, please contact me at:

Michele Lee / Madison Al. 35758 / 256-508-7518

www.MicheleLeeArt.com or www.ArtisticFinishesStudio.com

The Ascribing Artists is a creative ministry bringing together visual artists who wish to “Ascribe to the Lord the Glory due His name.” Ascribing Artists recognize that anything they do pales in comparison to the Glory of the Lord. The Ascribing Artists ministry is inspired by Psalm 29:1, 2 we are to be “A Reflection of His Glory” in all that we do. For more info visit www.AscribingArtists.blogspot.com or e-mail: AscribingArtists@gmail.com

Thanks to Valley Planet Magazine www.ValleyPlanet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment