Thursday, April 15, 2010

Steal Birth by Lynn Weatherford



To view the full portion of this image go to:
artworkbylynnweatherford.blogspot.com

In Lynn Weatherford's featured artist post she provided a glimpse into biblical verses that are very meaningful to her.

Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

This is the follow up to why those verses mean so much to her.

Steal Birth

I believe in a God who can move mountains. A God who is awesome and powerful beyond my mind or any mind for that matter.

I often think God should think and do things, the way I think things should be done. Especially if I see the idea as good. During this thought process I pray and think I have everything figured out (whatever the challenge). I frequently have short term memory problems with the fact God is all knowing and all powerful. Because He certainly does not need me to help.

God sees the whole picture and I have tunnel vision no matter the size of my faith. So, with faith, I pray. And pray. And pray. It is not that God doesn’t answer my prayers. But plain and simple sometimes God says, "no! At this time I have to work hard to believe (again) God is all knowing. I have to remind myself frequently He knows what he is doing and I must be still and know He is God. Psalms 46:10

This painting laid dormant for nine years before I could put a brush to my canvas. Honestly, I think it took me that long to process the hurt and pain and remind myself I am not in charge....(or maybe I am a slow learner.) Romans 8:28

Steal Birth

This painting is a statement painting. The statement is "God sometimes says, No"!

The title is a play on words. Steal is used here not to say God stole my baby because my baby was always His. Steal was used, upon his silent birth, because part of my heart was stolen.
The woman is nude to signify her vulnerability. The woman's hands show tension to bring attention to her fight to keep her son with her. Notice her finger nail slightly scratches the arm of God. God's hands are gently enveloping the baby to lift him up. The softness is exhibited with his lightly luminous arms. The baby grasp God's hand to show he is comforted by His presence.

This piece won two first place positions in a local competition with over 200 entries.

In Memory of our Dawson born silently November 11, 1998

Jeremiah 1:5: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

That piece of my heart will forever be missing.

Thank you, Lynn

artworkbylynnweatherford.blogspot.com

artbylynn.etsy.com

picasso@pclnet.net

256-232-9925

No comments:

Post a Comment