Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Featured Artist: Liz Masoner


"Sentinel" painting by Liz Masoner, copyright

"Stubborn" painting, by Liz Masoner, copyright

"Sandhill Cranes" photograph, by Liz Masoner, copyright

"Lily" photograph by Liz Masoner, copyright

Liz Masoner

I have had a camera in my hand almost as long as I can remember.
Growing up in a small town in central Alabama there was always nature around me and I have always been inspired by the handiwork of God.

Like so many before me, I didn’t know how to make a living at what I truly loved so I studied and received a degree in Marketing from the University of Montevallo. Even while working in the corporate world photography was my passion. A few years ago my family and I took a leap of faith that God would provide and I left the corporate world to depend on my growing freelance photography work. Shortly thereafter, God sent me the opportunity to teach photography to people around the world through www.About.com by writing their photography section on the Internet. Recently I have rediscovered painting and am working on a series of studies of dead trees. I find the beauty of their forms even after death to be inspiring.

There are so many scriptures that inspire me but I think the one that sums it up best is Matthew 19:26, “But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.”

Thank you,
Liz Masoner

No comments:

Post a Comment